Title: KYC Officer & Transaction monitoring Specialist
Location: Dublin Office
Contract: Full time
Reports to: Risk Manager
EVO Payments International is an exciting and growing company that is dedicated to providing innovative products, outstanding service and security to its customers. We are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Europe. We can process in over 130 currencies in over 50 markets worldwide. On behalf of our customers, we process billions of dollars annually.
EVO offers end to end support from installing the point of sale device to enable secure electronic payments at a merchant, providing software solutions to enable ecommerce and then troubleshooting and resolving issues that may occur from time to time for our customers.
In conducting our business, EVO is committed to creating an exciting, diverse and collaborative work environment for our employees. We know our success is the direct result of the talent, dedication, and energy of all our employees. In order to achieve this success, we share a common set of values that guides our behaviour at work each day.
We are currently recruiting a KYC Officer to join our expanding team based in our office in Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin. This role reports to the Risk Manager.
The Know Your Customer (KYC) Officer is a key member of the operations team, responsible for ensuring the appropriate level of customer due diligence is completed, to meet regulatory requirements, for clients during the on-boarding process and on an on-going basis, while maintaining a strong customer (internal and external) experience to accelerate sales on-boarding.
KYC/AML screening is completed on each potential customer and a KYC record created and maintained. The KYC Record contains data required to meet internal standards (policies and procedures) and external standards (laws and regulations) depending on the contracting individual or legal entity type.
The role will require research to corroborate evidence obtained during the customer due diligence process, and documenting information required to satisfy regulatory requirements of supervising competent authorities. The role will also involve periodic review of KYC records at agreed intervals based on risk profile of customers.
The successful candidate will own the KYC process from end to end, managing expectations of all key stakeholders (including customers, partners, management, employees and regulators) with the support of the AMLO and other functions as required.
- Main point of contact for all KYC matters.
- Deliver accurate, timely reporting to management and AMLO at agreed intervals.
- Drive KYC contacts down by implementing optimisation and quality control programmes to eliminate inefficiencies and constantly improve current process.
- Assist with the management of regulatory changes into business units.
- Provide training to all employees during on-boarding process and on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively interact with sales, relationship management teams and compliance on KYC matters.
- Escalate cases to the risk and compliance function and the AMLO as deemed appropriate.
- Periodic review of KYC records as to completeness, including verifying that due diligence has been performed to a level that complies with internal policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Liaise with the Anti-Money Laundering Officer on AML matters.
Working on specific projects as assigned.
Transaction Monitoring Specialist Duties
In addition, the successful candidate would provide support transaction monitoring from time to time :
- Reviewing all transactions blocked as part of the Transaction Monitoring process and contacting merchants in relation to same on a daily basis. Obtaining and reviewing documentation in relation to blocked transactions.
- Reviewing daily chargebacks received and reviewing documentation received from merchants in relation to chargeback disputes and processing documentation received where needed.
- Handling and taking ownership of any inbound/outbound customer calls in relation to both Chargeback Disputes and blocked transactions. Responsibility for ensuring customers are aware of the status of all disputes.
- Reviewing daily reports and completing other tasks in order to minimise the financial loss for EVO and customers.
- Participation in analysis of fraud issues and analysis of fraud data from the Card Schemes.
- Working in close collaboration with the Chargeback and Transaction Monitoring Teams in Warsaw on a daily basis.
- Taking appropriate responsibility to process confidential information in a secure manner.
- Knowledge of KYC regulations and financial services exposure are prerequisites
- Experience in control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function an advantage.
- Compliance qualification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of VISA/Mastercard Regulations an advantage.
- Customer focus with an ability to develop strong professional relationships.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a pre-requisite.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- Experience with AML monitoring and screening is an advantage
- Must have good planning and time management/prioritisation skills
- Good understanding of AML & CFT Frameworks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and liaise with other departments, as required.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power point)
- Pro-active, flexible and must be team player.
- KYC certification or similar
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria, may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Working hours: 40 hours per week